Monday, April 6, 2009

Stolen

I get the stupid award of the day today. I'm still in denial that it's happened, my purse was stolen out of our van. We both had a super busy weekend, and I just forgot to grab it on the way in. I usually park in the garage, so it really doesn't matter much. We also aways check that the van is locked before we go to bed, but we were both so tired.

Jim had to run some errands this morning, and decided to take the van. He never takes the van!! I wouldn't have thought anything about it, I rarely leave the house on Mondays. He called me a couple of blocks aways to tell me the van looked really messy like it had been ransacked. I thought really, did you not see it's condition yesterday. I'm actually kind of embarrassed that the person that broke in saw it that messy. This is when I figured out I had left my purse in the van. He ran to the bank and pulled all the funds out and we cancelled my debt card.

Our whole street was gone through, one neighbor had a broken car window. Some cars looked gone through but had nothing taken. The officer was asking about the contents of my purse and really the jokes on them. I had less than a $1.50 in my purse and my debt card card had just enough for them to fill up their tank. The only thing of worth I had was my cell phone which is the cheapest phone on a prepay plan, a gift card, and a empty smart card for my camera. It still sucks that I have to get everything replaced, I hate going to the DMV. Have you ever tried to describe your purse, I was like, "it's black and has pockets." We have some surveillance video of them buying gas at two places that they are trying to enhance to see the plates. My purse had my kids medical cards in it with their full names and birth dates, I do fill kind of violated.

Jim went back into ghetto mode really fast, (he is from the bay area). He found out what the color and make of the car was. He was tracking were they were trying the card and he was determined to catch them and take care of it himself. I'm telling ya, you can take the man out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the man.

2 comments:

motherofangels said...

That really sucks! It's good you didn't have a lot of money in your purse. People are crazy right? haha. My car was broken into last year. They stole all the change out of the console and stole all my CD's. At first I didn't think anyone broke into my car... I told barry, "I don't think anyone broke in, because there is a case of bottled water in the back and it's still there." He couldn't stop laughing at me. I am such an idiot!! Anyway... I guess that is probably not an essential item to steal unless we have a drought! :)

Natalie and Craig said...

that sucks so bad, that happened to me when i was at a tumbling class a couple years ago! but my purse had like my whole life in it, like over 2 grand worth of stuff and the cops did nothing to try to find it or help me out, lame!!!! i felt lost cuz i had no phone or money and then i left for vegas the next day, oh it was awful, so i know how ya feel, it sucks bad!