I went to my first ever yoga class yesterday, and I really liked it. It is surprising how easy some of the poses look, but when you try it it's kind of hard. I got into most poses but I'm not sure it looked graceful. Crocodile pose I couldn't even come close, my arms have always been weak . I don't think I've done a back bend in 15 years, my brain knew how to do it, but my body was a different story. I got into the back bend, but it probably wasn't very pretty and I couldn't hold it very long. At one point the class was in yoga quietness and the instructor told us to go into the next pose, it looked easy enough so I tried it and I said a little too loud, "or maybe not." I'm a little sore today, but not bad considering I don't do any kind of exercise at all. So here's to yoga, maybe it will help me lose a few or at least be able to bend in fun spectacular ways.Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Yoga
I went to my first ever yoga class yesterday, and I really liked it. It is surprising how easy some of the poses look, but when you try it it's kind of hard. I got into most poses but I'm not sure it looked graceful. Crocodile pose I couldn't even come close, my arms have always been weak . I don't think I've done a back bend in 15 years, my brain knew how to do it, but my body was a different story. I got into the back bend, but it probably wasn't very pretty and I couldn't hold it very long. At one point the class was in yoga quietness and the instructor told us to go into the next pose, it looked easy enough so I tried it and I said a little too loud, "or maybe not." I'm a little sore today, but not bad considering I don't do any kind of exercise at all. So here's to yoga, maybe it will help me lose a few or at least be able to bend in fun spectacular ways.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You go girl!! Keep up with it, my philosophy with yoga is trying to relax and breath while being bent into a pretzel! You will see results if you go often and push yourself! I love it, it makes me feel so good!
Post a Comment