Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome 2009!!

Let me start by saying I'm not a superstitious person, but for New years I am. I know it's really dumb, and I have no idea where I picked it up. I base how my year will be, with how my day turns out on New years day. Jim is always really good about it and tries to make my day special he calls it my day. Today though we are both so tired, we have done nothing. New Years Eve we went and saw the ute basketball game then after we let the kids stay up with us for new years and we played games and had snacks. I really thought the kids would crash, but none of them did and at midnight we did our annual pan banging to bring in the new year. The kids didn't sleep in and I'm super tired and the day is just blah! So my new year will be filled with cranky kids and sleep deprivation and laundry that I don't feel like doing.

This year my New Years resolution is to stop procrastinating. I know it sounds really canned, but this really affects my health. I wait until I have to go into crisis mode and I about have a panic attack. I wait until the last minute with stupid stuff that could have done a lot earlier. Some of the things I procrastinate on are out of my control, but this year I'm really going to try to get them under my control. So hears is to a new year, No procrastinating and let go of dumb superstitions.

1 comment:

motherofangels said...

I am a huge procrastinator too! Where did we get it from? It drives me crazy, stresses me out and makes me unhappy! Maybe I will try to be better about that this year too!