Saturday, January 9, 2010

Bountiful Baskets

I'm super excited about my collection of fruits and veges this week. I get all of this stuff through a food co-op called bountiful baskets. It's all volunteer based and non-profit, so all the savings go to the consumers. They do ask that you do help out with the volunteer side, but they aren't super strict about it. I've even heard that if you are volunteering at least 2 hours a month in your community that it counts. With my MOPS group hours and Church, I meet that easily.
You get different fruits and vegetables each time, which is kind of fun to try things I might not buy in the store. The location in Utah County is in Springville, which is kind of a bummer drive on Saturday morning, but they are looking for a North County location right now. For more info on it, here is the web page.
http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/
Anyway here is my loot, I got all of this for $15 pretty cheap.
2 bags of carrots
head of Romaine lettuce
head of broccoli
4 red onions
bunch of spinach
lunch bag bursting full of red potatoes
head of cauliflower-(green variety, it's a cross between broccoli and cauliflower)
10 apples
12 Roma tomatoes
8 oranges
1 melon
8 lemons
13 bananas

3 comments:

motherofangels said...

Nice... now I just need one of those up here in the great white north!!! BTW, when are you going to work on getting free or cheap passports so you can come see us???
LOL

April said...

We do this too. We love trying the new things. One time we had to look up what something was so we knew how to cook it. It ended up being some Asian veggie. We are lucky that the pick up location is at the bottom of the hill in the winter and the rest of the time 3 blocks down the road at the lake. We don't do it every time because it is a lot of food for the 3 of us to eat before it goes bad but it is worth doing it when we do.

Kynbugs Delight said...

Do you pick it up, or is it delivered to you? This is a great deal!