
Sub Zero ice cream is so good, if you haven't had it you must try it. They make your ice cream fresh to order. You tell them the milk fat you want and flavor and candy's you want to add. Then they use liquid nitrogen to flash freeze it into ice cream. It has such a unique flavor YUM!!
Desi has been giving me super attitude and not respecting my authority lately and today she crossed the line, I told Desi, "no ice cream for you." I stuck to it, we as a family went and got ice cream and she sat and watched us eat it. I think it was harder for me than it was for her, it just broke my heart. I feel I did the right thing but to see her seating there with such a sad face. Ugh, parenting is so hard sometimes.
2 comments:
I think the attitude is the age. Been dealing with the same thing with Kyn. Its so hard to follow through with the punishments. I have recently learned to do it better than I have. It pays with the behavior changes. But I do think you are right. Its harder on the parent than it is on child sometimes. Its okay to be a "mean mommy." I am part of that club sometimes. you are a great mom.
I think its good that you stuck to it! I don't know if I could have, It's so hard. That's what I try to tell tommy all the time. That I don't like getting mad at him and punishing him... It makes me sad! If they would just be good, it would be so much easier! But... I think the oldest has extra stress because they ALWAYS have to be an example to the younger ones and do more work than the younger ones. I think that sometimes they need a break too, or a date out with mom or dad alone!
Post a Comment