Monday, December 15, 2008

High Maintenance

Our Mops group had a mom's afternoon out yesterday, we went to the afternoon Christmas tea at the Grand America Hotel. I've never been to anything like this and didn't really know what to expect, but I knew this was a really nice hotel. I really wanted to look the part, I tried on outfits and found the one I wanted to wear. I'm so not a high maintenance girl, but I became one yesterday. I was terrified the kids would get me dirty, or slobber, or put some other foreign substance on me, and I couldn't just go home and change. Ariana and Devin got a candy cane at church and they came running up to me with sticky fingers and I stood back worried and said," Jim take those sticky people and fix them." After Church we went to Jim's grandparents house in Salt Lake to visit until I needed to be to the tea. Jim pulled up and almost parked me into a snow bank, usually no problem for me. I said,"stop the car, I'll just walk from here!" I also took all my makeup and hair supplies for touch ups just in case. Jim looked at me like I was some kind of alien.
With three kids I find it hard to find time to fix my hair perfect, let alone keeping it that way, so most of the time I don't go to much trouble. Devin thinks earrings and necklaces are play toys and almost chocked me twice yesterday. I really should dress up more often, I feel very out of touch with trends, so I find it had to put a outfit together. My favorite outfit is jeans and a hoody, I'm just a simple girl.

I had fun doing something out of my comfort zone, and Jim had fun seeing me act like a crazy person. The tea was very relaxing with Christmas music in the background and nice conversation. The tea was great they had these dainty little sandwiches(I'm not sure you could call them sandwiches) they had really yummy desserts too. The Christmas experience was great and after, I went shopping and got some good ole' Stick to you food at Rib City.

1 comment:

motherofangels said...

Why, after all that effort, did you not put up a picture of yourself dressed up?