Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Dentist visit
Desi is most likely, the biggest drama queen I know, she isn't a big fan of pain or anything that could cause her pain. She had a dentist appointment today, my kids mouths are super small, so all their teeth are very close. The dentist has already told me to start saving my bucks for extra dental care and braces for all three... HIP HIP HOORAY!! Desi needs two crowns and her tooth in the very front needs gum drafting done...HIP HIP HOORAY!! The dentist already knows my child freaks out, last year he tried to orally sedate her and it didn't work, she was wide awake. So this time they are going to put a IV in and put her all the way out. We got a appointment and sent us home with a big future bill...HIP HIP HOORAY!!! Since I was already on the, worst mother in the whole wide world list, I decided I really needed to get all three kids in to the doctor for their flu shots. I would think that they would remember my drama queen, but they sent in one nurse, I told the nurse, we are going to need a back up. It took 2 nurses and me to hold Desi down, trying to get her pants off, all while she is screaming at the top of lungs...you guys are killing me!!!!! STOP IT!!! Then, it was Ari's turn, by now she knows something is definitely up...this is not a typical doctors appointment, she starts screaming, but she is so much smaller, she didn't have a chance, it was over so fast. Devin was totally clueless, until the shot hit and he whimpered and asked for a sucker. Devin will take a shot over being left in nursery at church any day. So, I'm glad it is all over until next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is SOOO sad! Who said you are the worst mother in the world?? That is so not true! BTW where have you been for the past week? I actually wish I was there to hear desi scream...sounds quite comical! How is everything else going?
I am so sorry. I should have gone with you. The good news is at least it is over.
That is too bad she reacted that way and scared Ari in the process, it is over in a second and then it doesn't even hurt anymore. I take Sophia every year to get one and she is upset @ first but it is over so fast, then she gets some stickers and a sucker and she is happy. And I organize the flu clinic where I work so I just get one @ work but Mark never bothers.
Mark and I are volenteering to help in a "soup kitchen" that Flour Girls and Dough Boys in AF is doing on Thanksgiving, and I think it will be from 11am-3pm, but I don't have all the details yet. I cannot stand or be up for too long and so it will be hard on me but we have been wanting to help out somehow like that during the holidays so I am still excited about it. But anyway, just letting you know because I have not heard if you or your mom has made any plans for Thanksgiving or not.
Post a Comment