Sunday, November 2, 2008

God Answers Prayer

I'm always amazed at the fact that God does answer my prayers, even the little ones that seems so small and insignificant to the bigger problems that are going on in the world. I have prayed some prayers that were important to me, but seemed almost silly to pray and to even bother God about. I've prayed in the middle the Wal-mart for the cashier to hurry because my kids were ready to have a breakdown.
I woke up the morning we were going to Disneyland and I felt sick to my stomach, and other things I won't give a visual on. I just prayed God, not today!! My kids have been looking forward to this, Please God. I felt God telling me to go back to sleep you will be fine when you wake up, and I was.
I was talking with a friend from India, and she has a amazing story about God helping her to have a child after being barren. Her faith in God is so inspiring, she uses her faith in God's healing powers, by blessing and encouraging other barren couples. She has a list of couples and prays persistently for these couples on a daily basis. She was feeling a little down last week because no one on her list had become pregnant and she was asking God about it, she found out one of the women on her list has become pregnant. Praise God!!
Story's like this inspire me, sometimes we think that God has forgotten about us, and that he doesn't love us. I know that he continues to be a great God, a God who loves us and cares about our little problems. Sometimes we just need to persist at pursing God and not give up and to continue to ask him for what we need.

No comments: