Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

I have been in crisis mode ever since we have gotten back the trip, unpacking, laundry, and Halloween just around the corner. I really wanted to have all the kids costumes before we left, but I ran out of time. So I went searching for costumes on Thursday, I had specific costumes that my kids had to have. I got lucky and found them, Hanna Montana for Desi, Pink princess(well it's a pink fairy, but I'm not telling) and something that daddy would approve of(nothing to femi) for the boy, he is golfer, Yeah for Kmart.
It doesn't feel like Halloween to me unless we go pick pumpkins and carve them and make Halloween cookies. I have been trying fit all these things in. We went picking pumpkin in between dinner and taking Desi to dance class. I stopped at walmart and they only had 2 pumpkins left, I needed 3, and besides that's not really picking a pumpkin. I stopped at Smith and they had more of a selection, but not much and they wanted 30 cents a pound, that seemed kind of pricey to me and I only had 10 dollars in my pocket. Desi had already told me she was going to pick the biggest one. The minutes were ticking away and now we only had 15 minutes left before Desi had to be to class. Maceys had good pumpkin pickings, and only 15cents a pound, and Desi found a huge pumpkin, I couldn't even pick it up, A dad helping his kids saw me struggling and helped get it into the cart, it weighed in at 30 pounds.


The Big Impossible Pumpkin

After cutting into Desi's pumpkin we found it was so thick, it would be impossible to carve, so we called the big impossible pumpkin.

Ariana my pink princess, she was so excited her costume lit up and changed from green lights, to pink.

My little golfer boy





Hanna Montana, I was looking at this picture and she is standing on her tippy toes so it kinda looks like she is wearing very high heels. She is not!! I'm not a big fan of heels for kids.


Halloween night we went trick or treating to some neighbors, lots of people weren't home because the local LDS church was doing a trunk or treat. We decided to go to the truck or treat and Desi could see some of her neighbor friends. We had fun talking to neighbors and the kids got their candy fix.

We drove by Calvary mountain view Church and saw that they were having a party with a big jump house outside, so we took the kids and played games, and Desi got her face painted. The kids got tons of candy and had a blast.











1 comment:

motherofangels said...

That outfit on devin is PRICELESS!!!