I'm having a really hard time getting dinner on the table without stress lately. The girls have dance every week night except Friday, and it's always a different time. Jim has also had a weird schedule and I never really know when to expect him home. Lots of night he gets in as late as 8. I look at those family's that always have a sit down dinner at six, that is so unrealistic for us.
I try to feed the girls dinner before they head off to class, but dinner always seems to take longer to put together than I thought, so I'm rushing them though their meal so I can get them to class on time. When I feed them before class that also means that we are eating without daddy, and I have to reheat it for him when he gets home. If I wait until after class then some nights that means that we are eating at 8 and I'm rushing them so they can go to bed. I know it will only get worse as they get older and have more activity's.
Jim likes a hearty meal when he gets home from work, he is a very meat and potatoes kind of guy, he is a true meatatarian. Then you add Devin's milk allergy to the mix, there are so many things that have milk in them, so I have to get creative. I found even the taco seasoning that I use has milk.
I know I need to be a better planner, I'm definitely not born organized. I think, I should just accept the fact that we can all eat at different times and put my crock pot to good use. Any good and hearty, for picky eaters, and no milk recipes that anyone want to send my way, I would love them.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Should please everyone... Throw 2 lbs of deli roast beef in the crock pot in the middle of the day with some beef boullion and other seasonings. After a few hours cut it into strips ( I use scissors) Serve it on Rolls. Cut poatos into dice size cubes, toss in Tbsp or olive oil. Put on cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt. Bake at 400 for 20 min or so or until soft. There is your meat and potatos!!! You can keep the meat warm in the crock pot till jim gets home!!!
Also, this is super easy ( 6 can soup)
I only drain the black bean can.
1 can corn
1 can black beans
1 Lg can Diced tomatos (mexican style if you can find it)
1 Can Chicken breast ( you can use fresh breasts too! Put them in frozen if you want. But make sure to set the crock pot on high till chicken is cooked
2 cans Chicken broth - add more if you like. Serve with Tortilla chips
I have lots, cause I am a lazy cook a lot of the time!!!
Pam, go check out safelygatheredin.blogspot.com Today they have a recipe posted that is for those with allergies. It looks like she may have more on there that you could find.
http://www.kidswithfoodallergies.org/?gclid=CP77r_G645YCFRNOagodtDigOQ
This webites lets you join, and get recipes that may help you out.
Also the below link may help you out too. It has recipes attached that you can look at. Hope it helps! What a challenge that can be. Kyn is allergic to soap, water, dyes, perfume, any fragrance. I am telling you, its a life change! Its challenging. I feel your pain. But think her allergy may be easier to work with than cooking. Take care!
http://www.godairyfree.org/Table/Recipes/
Oops! Forgot to add the link!
Post a Comment