Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Disneyland


OK, I love Disneyland a lot. My parents were both born and raised in Southern California, so we went on vacation to see family every year. Disneyland would always be a place we would go as a family. In my younger childhood we went with lots of family, and in my teen years we went with our dance group and family. I have fond memories of Disneyland, the fantasy of everything as a child, and as teenager my mother let me run off with all my friends and just play. We would meet up for lunch and a couple of rides, but I was free to explore, we always went for 5 days so we had plenty of time to do everything. My favorite ride old ride is space mountain and my new favorite is Indiana Jones.
I'm excited to share old memories with my kids and make new memories. This year will be a lot different, we are going with just our small family. We wont have runners to get fast passes and save spots at parades and fireworks. So we will take it slow and we wont be going on any of the big adult stuff because we are only going for one day, so we are focusing on the kids. I am trying to talk Desi into going on Indiana Jones with me.
I think it would be so fun to have a girlfriend only trip to Disneyland, the only rule if you want to come, is you have to love Disneyland too. I made up a David Letterman style top ten list a few years ago that I put in my scrapbook, here it is.
TOP TEN THINGS THAT
WE LOVE ABOUT
DISNEYLAND!!
10. At any given time you may find yourself sitting on the ground in your good pants, and
and you don't care.
9. "Who wants a dole whip? Dole whip? Dole Whip? Three dole whips"
8. The only place on earth where you can conquer four mountains in one day.
7. What diet? Deep fry that curro and hand over the waffle cone.
6. Being so exhausted from getting up early and staying out late that you are slap happy.
5. Finally after all these years of going to Disneyland and losing Dad for the whole day, we made
a meeting place...the hub.
4. Leaving the kids with Grandma and going out for the night.
3. The music and rides that bring back memories of our youth, and seeing those memories
starting with our kids.
2. Walt, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Pooh, Tiger, and a countless list of magical
people who make your day wonderful!
1. Overpriced admission, overpriced food, overpriced merchandise, overpriced everything, you
don't care because the memories are priceless!!