Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fear


I have been feeling gripped by fear lately, fear of the Unknown. With the economy getting worse, my kids, and other everyday things. You can't help but to hear about our economy every time you turn on the TV or Radio. I worry what my children's futures hold, and if I'm teaching them enough and disciplining them properly to become successful adults in the future.
We are going on a trip in a few weeks and I worry that the car will break down, or if my kids will be able to tolerate 10 hours in the car, or if I can tolerate them in the car for 10 hours with out going out of my mind. I worry that they will misbehave and make our trip miserable.
Today I was listening to the radio, my favorite station KLOVE (awesome, check it out), and they were saying God doesn't want us to be fearful about anything, fear will eat us up, but to take everything to him in prayer and forget about it move on. I also read one of Rev Run's words of wisdom, and it to was one of God's echo moments for me. It didn't save it so, I'm going off of memory here. "The economy is poor, but the Kingdom of heaven has many riches"

Do not be anxious about anything, but
in everything, by prayer and petition, with
Thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all
understanding, will guard you hearts and
minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-8
So, I vow today to stop worrying and start looking to God in all things. He is a great God, a God that has brought me to where I'm at today, and I'm going to continue to trust him.

1 comment:

motherofangels said...

Very well put pam!! I think about that same thing all the time.I worry so much about teaching my kids (especially tommy) the right things and I worry about staying on top of things and money and everything else you can imagine... But than I just remember that we have been promised if we trust in the lord and put him first in our lives, than everything else will be fine!!!