So for those of you that don't know what mops is, or think I just really like to talk about mopping my floor a lot, here is some background. Mops stands for Mother of Preschoolers but a mother can be in mops, pregnancy though a child in kindergarten. Mops recognizes that the years from infancy through kindergarten are foundational in a mother-child relationship and are filled with unique needs.
I'm the creative activity person for our mops group, if you know me well, this will come as a shock I know, but I feel called to this position and I'm loving it. I love mops and wish I would have found it sooner, I love that we come from different Church's for the same purpose, to grow in Christ and to become better moms. I love sharing hugs, story's of naughty kids, and just sharing breakfast together, for moms that never get to have grown up talk, or hot breakfast, it is FANTASTIC. The kids have preschool or are just loved if they are too little, by fantastic care givers that love our kids and teach them.
So I wanted to share the craft that we did in mops today, it's actually called a toilet paper pumpkin, because there is a full roll that makes the shape along with poly fill and you tuck the fabric and twigs into the toilet paper hole, glue some stuff on it and your done. I think all the moms had lots of fun putting this one together.
1 comment:
Cute!! Some neighbor kids made those at preschool this week, but they weren't as cute as yours! You need to add moms blog to your list donaldquackers.blogspot.com
Post a Comment