Thursday, October 30, 2008

Candy Corn Cookies

I thought these cookies were so cute, I got a little confused at the directions with the logs and cutting them, they make it sound so easy. My mom came over and she couldn't figure it out either. So I just shaped them each cookie separately. They turned out pretty cute, and yummy to. They turned out cruncher than I like my cookies, so next time I'm going to try with my tried and true sugar cookie recipe. The recipe below is the crunchy cookies.

Candy Corn Cookies

1 1/2 c. butter, softened

1 1/2 c. sugar

1/2 tsp. vanilla

3 c. all purpose flour

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt

yellow and orange food coloring

In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Divide dough in half. Tint one portion yellow. Divide remaining dough into two-thirds and one-third portions. Color the larger portion orange; leave smaller portion white.

Shape each portion of the dough into two 8-in. logs. Flatten top and push sides in at a slight angle. Place orange logs on yellow logs; push the sides in at a slight angle. Top with white logs; form a rounded top. Wrap in plastic wrap. chill for 4 hours or until firm.

Unwrap and cut into 1/2-in slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 min or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.

Yield: about 5 dozen.

No comments: